Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Happy New Year Everyone!

Well I hope you all had a cracking Christmas and a great start to the New Year!  I certainly started my New Year with a bang celebrating my best friends birthday in Wolverhampton, which happens to be on New Year's Day.  Christmas was alright, it's not the same when you get older, there are no surprises and I also worked a lot too apart from Christmas Day, but all still good fun.

2011 for me has had many ups and downs, so I'm hoping that 2012 will be my year.  The best thing for me during 2011 was graduating and receiving a degree in BA(Hons) Textile Design (Printed Textiles) at De Montfort University in July.  I have also done my fair share of traveling including to London, York and my summer holiday to Bulgaria.  Although I'd like to go to more places this year involving museums and art galleries for inspiration.

I start 'The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design' featuring Rachael Taylor at the end of this month, which I'm really looking forward to.  I'm hoping after the course I'll know a lot more about freelance, and will be an official freelance designer and will be launching a small business.  I'm hoping to get some more work placement opportunities, after the two week placement in February with Rachael Taylor, which I'm very excited about.  In June I will attending a gig in Birmingham to see Blink 182 and a comedy act from Michael McIntyre in September.

I am still working my contract hours at weekends and overtime during weekdays at a retail store in my local town.  But in the meantime I will be organising myself to get ready to be a freelance designer  building up on my portfolio, looking for freelance opportunities, entering competitions and designing my own range to launch my small business after the e-course.  As well as still looking for work placements, internships and job opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...