Friday, 20 April 2012

Johanna Basford

It's Follow Friday!

Johanna Basford is an illustrator based in Scotland.  Johanna has a very creative and imaginative mind in which she creates beautiful, intricate and detailed illustrations.  She creates her work using just white paper and black ink.

"Every piece I create starts life as a simple pencil sketch, evolving into a rambling pen and ink drawing usually spanning several sheets of paper. I love the tactile nature of the materials I use and the joy of smudgy fingerprints. My delicate hand inked designs intend to charm and delight, inviting you to peer closer and discover the hidden intricacies."

*As quoted by Johanna from her website

As Johanna is a very busy lady, she has provided me with a blog post she had previously written with all the possible questions you could ask her with very interesting answers, which I rather enjoyed reading through.

During this blog post were a couple of other links that I found exceedingly captivating.  The first one showing the steps in a video on how Johanna creates an individual design.  And secondly, a blog post on '50 Things I Wished I'd known at Art School.'  There are a few things in there I wished I had known too.

There is also a written blog post explaining how Johanna creates an individual design.

Johanna has a huge list of clients to name a few Absolut Vodka, Channel 4, Crabtree & Evelyn, H&M, Nike, Sony Music, Starbucks and many more.  You can view more on Johanna's website.

You can find Johanna on Facebook and follow her on twitter @johannabasford  She has a blog showing inspirations and what's going on in her studio.  'My Desk Tidy' - daily studio snaps from Johanna Basford.

Johanna also has a shop selling printed t-shirts, calenders, ceramics and prints.


Thank you for your time Johanna, I really appreciate it :)




















*If you'd like a feature on this blog, then please email me at: hannahbyatt1990@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...