Monday, 7 May 2012

Edinburgh

I recently went to Edinburgh for a workshop and portfolio review for a possible job.  And I got the job :) I will reveal more later on in the coming months, so watch this space.

I had never been to Edinburgh before, I went straight after work on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago by train on my own.  It was the longest time I have ever traveled by train, it was a bit boring after a while especially as the night drew in and there was nothing to see out the windows.  But overall it was definitely worth the trip,  As the journey was so long and expensive, I decided to stay a couple of extra nights and explore Edinburgh.  This week each day, I will show several posts of my visit to Edinburgh.

Edinburgh is a very wide city with such long roads.  The main street Princes Street is currently under construction until 2014 as a tram line is being built.  The street has a fantastic view of the castle and has many different popular high street shops.  The architecture in Edinburgh is amazing, historical and contemporary together creating a fantastic city to explore.  I would recommend Edinburgh to anyone and I'd love to go again soon.








I brought some postcards too:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...