Friday, 29 June 2012

My Year So Far

My year so far has been quite successful I think :)

I had a great two week work placement with Rachael Taylor in February. I then continued to help Rachael but from home, I now write a weekly blog post on a Friday as well as helping out now and again if needed.

I started volunteering in late May at Leicester Print Workshop once a week, I will continue with this for as long as I can. I do general chores and helping out around the print room with a variety of jobs.

I started freelancing in April for a new studio called Black Cherry based in Glasgow, Scotland. I have really enjoyed the work they have given me to do so far and will hopefully have many more to come.

I have cut my overtime down at my retail shop to focus more on my designing, which of course is much more important and enjoyable.

I have realized that my ambition to start up my own business is quite a big step at the moment and is asking quite a lot from myself. I still need to discover my signature style first and gain more work experience as well. I'd like to apply to other studios for more freelance work as I really enjoy working at home, I can motivate myself quite well.

Also, I have realized that I have gained so much knowledge within the last year since finishing University, more than what I did at University which is frustrating sometimes, but I love learning so it doesn't matter. It's true what they say, you learn something new everyday.


I am finally going up in the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...