Tuesday, 3 July 2012

New Designers

Last week I went down to London to visit New Designers at the Business Design Centre, Islington.  New Designers is an exhibition to all new graduates (selected by their tutors) to exhibit their work to the public and the design industry.  As the event involves the design industry graduates can possibly be offered work placements, internships, freelance or even possible jobs opportunities.

The event is split into two parts, I visited last week as I went to mainly see all the textile, fashion & accessories designs.  There was also contemporary applied arts, ceramics & glass, jewelry & precious metalwork and one year on.  This week starting from Wednesday 4th July graduates exhibiting will be presenting product & industrial design, furniture design, visual communication (inc. graphics & illustration), spatial design (inc, architecture & interior design) and one year on.

I enjoy this event as it gives me so much inspiration and motivation just like on my previous visits.  Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take any photographs due to copyright reasons.  But I did pick up some business cards as I had a walk round and I will be posting some blog posts soon on some of these upcoming designers, so watch this space.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...