Thursday, 5 July 2012

Tate Modern

Whilst in London I also went to the Tate Modern.  I haven't been for quite some time so I thought I'd pay a visit.  There are a couple of exhibitions at the moment including 'Damien Hirst' an artist I became familiar with a couple of months ago. There is also an exhibition on 'Edvard Munch,' an artist who I have admired for quite some time, unfortunately I didn't have enough time to go round theses as well as the Tate gallery itself.

I saw some very familiar artists work at the Tate modern including Picasso, Edward Wadsworth and Georges Braque.  I found some new artists (when I say new they are artists I have never heard of before) work I quite liked too including Max Ernst, Dorothea Tanning and Gilbert & George.  I looked at these particular artists as a surface pattern designer view as they have a lot of textures and/or geometric shapes in their paintings, which I thought was very interesting.  It's amazing what texture can bring to a drawing, painting, print, photograph, the list is endless.  The photographs are in order of the artists name above.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...