Friday, 14 September 2012

Rolf Harris

It's Follow Friday!

Rolf Harris was born and raised in Western Australia.  Rolf Harris is well known for many things including TV shows, music and of course art.  I saw Rolf a couple of years ago in an art gallery exhibition in Lichfield, but unfortunately I didn't get the chance to meet him in person.  I was thrilled to find out there was an exhibition on 'Rolf Harris: Can you tell what it is yet?' at the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool.  I was very lucky as there were only a few days left before they were to change the exhibition.



I love Rolf's paintings, most of them in fact.  You can see how he has progressed over the years using different styles, medias and techniques.  I particularly love the paintings where he is inspired by particular artist to create his own version, for example 'Self-Portrait in the style of Rembrandt' and 'Van Gogh's Sunflowers.'  I particularly like the second to last painting of a tiger in water.

You can also find Rolf on Facebook










*Images courtesy with Rolf Harris

Rolf also has this book featuring his life in Art.


1 comment:

  1. As an encouraging mum, if I can say so myself, I had a nice time recently with my two kids to decorate their room in our new house that we just moved into. There were lots of the children's art work, made at home and school, that we happily put on the wall.
    Then we spent time together sitting in front of the iMac and looked through the big collection of digital images that wahooart.com had for their customers to select from and have printed as canvas prints. The kids together chose this painting for their room, Ivan Horse by Edmund Dulac, http://en.wahooart.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LHRV2, that we ordered online to have delivered to our new house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...