Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Katie Almond

I apologies for very few blog posts recently, I have been a very busy bee with a deadline that completely took over everything and I haven't been on top of my blogging for quite some time which of course is terrible, so I do apologies.

Today I'd like to introduce you to Katie Almond, a ceramist based in Leicestershire.  Katie graduated from De Montfort University in 2009 with a first class honors degree in Design Crafts.  Katie designs and creates hand-painted porcelain jugs, cups, cake stands and brooches.  Since graduation Katie has set up her own workshop to supply for galleries and shops across the UK as well as regularly attending craft fairs.

"Each piece is essentially a canvas for decoration and collage as I combine drawings with found ephemera. I am inspired by nostalgia, old paper ephemera, vintage textiles and a love of drawing."

*Quoted from Katie Almond's Website.

I love the quirkiness of the shapes of the ceramics and the simple patterns used that compliment the product designs.

You can find Katie on Twitter @kalomndceramics and you can also read about her designs, creations and inspiration on her blog.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...