Tuesday, 23 April 2013

A year ago today...

...I started working for Black Cherry Studio.



I cannot believe it has already been a year, it doesn't quite feel that long at all. I have created many collections during this time amongst many themes including florals, aztec, tribal, geometric, textures, animal prints, conversational and also photography/watercolour mixed prints.  Every collection has had a completely different colour palette and I've enjoyed designing for each and every one. Unfortunately I cannot share any of my work due to copyright reasons, but if I could I would as I'd love more opinions on them.  If I ever see my design in a shop or online, don't worry I will share it with you.

I feel my work has improved, developed and progressed well since freelancing for this studio.  They have told me my work is improving all the time and they get excited to see what designs I come up with, which is was very nice to hear.

I've spent a lot of money on digital printing, I won't say how much because it is a lot.  But unfortunately that's just they way it works.  Selling designs is also a slow process at the moment too especially as Black Cherry is a new studio.  But since Sept 2012 which was when we started selling designs I have sold 9 altogether.  These have been sold in London, Italy, New York, Los Angeles and Australia.  But in the end it will be worth it.

Overall I've had a great experience freelancing for them so far and I hope I will keep designing and selling more and more designs with them in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. Well done Hannah. What an achievement - to clock up a year with a studio. And to be improving all the time. That's fab. Here's to many great years ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...