Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Pros and Cons of a Gap year

Sometimes I had thought about maybe having a gap year before University, but at the time I thought I would change my mind about going to University after my gap year. It would have been nice to earn some extra cash or gain work experience, both in which I had no idea I would have needed for the future at that time. Below are a list of what I feel are the pros and cons of a gap year:

Pros
A break from education
Earn extra cash (Chance to save)
Gain some valuable work experience
Longer time to think of what you really want to do as a career
A chance to find yourself
Prepares you for University
Do some traveling
Volunteer
Can secure a place at University for the following year

Cons
Can be difficult finding a Full Time job
Could change your mind about University
Will more competition for when applying to University
Might not go to plan
Could possibly get bored
Possibly have no money if have a busy social life or travel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...