Friday, 6 September 2013

From A Daughter Designs

It's Follow Friday!

Leslie Jenkins, a graphic designer and blogger behind the creation of 'From A Daughter Designs,' creates custom blog designs, selected phone cases and custom logos.

You can find Leslie on Facebook and follow her on twitter @DesignsFAD.






Have you always wanted to be a graphic designer?

No. I've actually always wanted to be a musician but, as many people know, music is not the best career money wise so, I started doing graphic design!

Tell us a bit more about 'From a Daughter Designs.'

From A Daughter Designs was started for the blogger in mind. I started it when my old blog was just plain ugly and I did not know how to fix it. So, Google became my best friend! Now, I can not only make my own blogs beautiful but, I can also make other peoples blogs beautiful at a low price. From A Daughter Designs does not just create blog design though. I also design phone cases! Fun, funky, and creative phone cases to make your phones look beautiful.

How have you got to where you are now?

I've been active in community. Facebook, twitter, and other blogger networks. It helps you get contacts and helps you make friends with bloggers and they are more likely to order from someone they know they can trust.

What's your next step?

My next step is to hopefully make it where I make more than 1K a month. I would love to be able to provide more for my family and make graphic design a part time job.

What inspires you?

God's creation. Just look around, isn't that enough inspiration?

What motivates you?

My motivation is saving up for college. I'm hoping that my little business will make me enough money to send me and my sister off to college.

How do you start a new project/design?

I start by finding out about what the customer needs. There is no sense in working on something before you find out exactly what the customer needs.

What do you enjoy most about being a graphic designer?

I love getting to make the WWW and customers phones more beautiful 1 designs at a time!

Do you have a favorite design that you have created?

Yes, my favorite design is the work I did on Britt's blog, Sunny Tails and Happy Mail. You can check it out here: http://beelittlequeen.blogspot.com/

What is your typical day like?

I wake up and pretty much get straight to work on promoting or designing. I do that till about 4:30 and then I spend time with my family.

What medias do you like to use?

I like to use Facebook and Twitter. They are where I can be social with my customers.

Do you get a lot of support from family and friends?

Yes. They love my work!

Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years time?

Hopefully graduating college and maybe getting married and starting a family. I would love for this to be my work at home job at that time.

Thank you for your time Leslie, I really appreciate it.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...